Senior Project Manager, PMO
You and known for your top-notch communication skills— demonstrated in sharing vision, ideas, goals, and issues, both in reports and presentations. You lead and manage from technical, strategic and operational viewpoints. You promote teamwork, delegate tasks, resolve conflict, set goals, and evaluate performance. Your keen ability to negotiate resources, budgets, schedules and scope creep, which helps you predict and create solutions to issues before they arise. You understand the intricacies of negotiation so well all parties are content at project completion. You are insightful, organized, authentic and purposely live a growth mindset.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Senior Project Manager, PMO serves a critical role within the Project Management Office. This role will be responsible for leading teams to deliver inter-dependent projects that span cross-functional business teams, managing program resources, schedules and budgets while ensuring adherence to the PMO’s standards and guidelines for program and project management and systems development delivery. The Senior Project Manager will also be accountable for contributing to process improvement initiatives as it relates to program management and project delivery.
The Senior Project Manager will work independently and be accountable for ensuring program objectives are met through oversite of project implementation activities on a day to day basis. This includes ensuring that assigned projects produce the required deliverables of quality within the specified constraints of time, cost and/or resources while still achieving the stated business outcomes.
Reporting to the Director, PMO, the incumbent will possess a comprehensive understanding of cross-enterprise system implementations including the ability to plan and lead initiating and planning activities including requirements and specification elicitation leveraging the best fit methodology for the projects within a program including, but not limited to, agile epics and stories, business requirements, use cases, wireframes, etc.
Manage a program of complex, interdependent initiatives that span one or more cross-functional teams that includes both internal and external resources; accountable for full program and project life cycle ownership; successful delivery will include full system implementation from initiation to deployment for one major program initiative or several minor initiatives simultaneously.
Participates in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools related to program and project delivery standards.
Manages all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives and adheres to PMO standards.
Demonstrates a functional acumen to support how solutions will address stakeholder needs while aligning to best practices; demonstrates expertise in scope planning and management and requirements elicitation and management.
Prepares estimates and detailed project plans for all phases of a program or project; manages the day to day project activities and resources.
Participates in and/or manages the execution of feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders.
Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables; Effectively manages vendor relationships and resources ensuring adherence to standards and delivery against contractual commitments.
Develop and deliver scope overviews, status reports, project proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences including project teams, sponsors, senior leadership and key stakeholders.
Provides detailed analysis of business needs to identify and document key requirements for technology systems and their success.
Identifies and informs continuous improvement opportunities within TDS, the PMO and cross-organizationally to drive best practices and increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
Approximately 10-15 days per year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, information technology management, business, project management, or similar.
- 7-10 years of experience managing complex programs that I include technology related projects involving custom development or systems/data integration projects.
- 7-10 years of experience in a diverse business environment with demonstrated skills in supporting technology initiatives, project or program management, and systems design.
- 3-5 years of experience within a consulting environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) required; Program Management Professional (PgMP) preferred.
- Experience in a rapidly changing environment and ability to adapt to change while still maintaining a structured approach to program and project implementation.
- Expertise in project management lifecycle methodology based upon Project Management Institute (PMI) standards.
- Expertise across multiple System Development Methodologies including waterfall, hybrid, agile, SCRUM, etc.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of web technologies, object oriented programming methodologies, and technology architecture paradigms
- Strong understanding of relational databases, technology architecture, content architecture, and enterprise platforms
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present complex ideas and concepts
- Excellent documentation and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Visio and MS Project
- Experience creating business process, business requirements and specification level detail documentation
- Experience using SharePoint based collaboration tools
- Experience in a medical association or membership based not for profit organization
- Experience creating specification documents.
- Experience using O365 based collaboration tools
- Experience providing training to non-technical constituents.
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.