You love digging in to find solutions. You enjoy using your stellar communication skills to share your findings in a way that’s easy to understand. You are enthusiastic in knowing your incredible analysis and technology skills paired with your business sense will ensure that results will be achieved for the organization. You are comfortable with a wide range of programming languages and tech tools. You understand that the ability to draw meaningful conclusions from data is a skill that can always be improved upon. You are methodical, accurate and take a logical approach to draw meaningful conclusions. You are descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Data Analyst, under the general supervision of the Senior Data Engineer, will perform daily and weekly tasks to ensure systems and applications are operating as expected and adhere to industry best practices for system maintenance and desktop security. A primary function of this role is providing level 2 technical support for the business and administering application support for the Registry systems. The Data Analyst must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and demonstrate clear communication skills; the ability to build strong, productive relationships with team members and users; and excellent problem-solving skills. The Data Analyst is also expected to be familiar with the latest version of the database products and proactively take the appropriate vendor certifications to keep up with the latest technologies. The incumbent will have an opportunity for increased responsibilities within the areas of database systems management and network administration based on performance and ability to learn and apply new skills.
Work closely with the Senior Data Engineer and the TDS management team to design, develop and maintain a high-performance data platform in Microsoft Azure cloud-based environment including the development of a data warehouse environment to support the Academy’s business intelligence roadmap. Contribute to the design, development and management of ETL (extract, transform, load) pipelines using SQL Server Integration Services that standardize raw data from multiple data sources and optimize both the operational and dimensional/star schema data model necessary for transactional systems and business intelligence applications.
Assist with gathering business and functional requirements and translating these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions aligning to an overall data architecture. Perform routine database tasks such as performance tuning, capacity planning, backups monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting, and change control activities. Support established ETL processes that extract, transform, and load data to and from various data sources including relational databases, NoSQL databases, web services, and flat files. Proactively monitor and diagnose hardware, software, printing, and network connectivity issues including LAN, WAN, and VPN access in a Windows environment.
Provide level 2 technical support to the Application Support team by helping to resolve inbound service issues reported by Registry customers, balancing the need for customer service and issue resolution in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrate strong customer service skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to sit for long periods of time; strong attendance and ability to adhere to a strict schedule. Effectively translate technical concepts into easy to understand language to assist non-technically oriented customers. Demonstrate a highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
Troubleshoot corporate applications with the use of a ticketing resolution system and assign issues to the appropriate support group or individual as needed. Escalate high priority, high impact issues to the internal support teams. Assist with Registry data submission and import support functions as needed. Adhere to policies and procedures regarding the safeguarding of protected information, such as personal health information (PHI/PII) and access to corporate systems. Assist with other duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 days per year
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent experience is required; advance degree is a plus
- 2+ years of hand-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience maintaining and administering a SQL Server Reporting Services server
- Familiar with data modeling techniques, including normal form and dimensional modeling
- Experience with physical data modeling techniques including use of indexes, materialized views, system aggregates, etc.
- Must be able to show initiative and flexibility in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proven attention to detail and maintenance of data integrity and accuracy
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment focused on providing customer and technical support services
- Outstanding oral and written communication, including strong presentation skills
- Adept and highly motivated at learning new software and operating systems
- Experience with data analytic tools (Tableau, PowerBI, SAS, Crystal Reports)
- Experience troubleshooting remote access tools (VPN) and general connectivity (LAN/WAN)
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office 365 in a hybrid environment (including handheld devices)
- Experience with supporting PC desktop and notebook hardware and software
- Exposure to or knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices
- Strong data management skills and experience with high level of data integrity
- Knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, PHI, IRB, and other relevant regulatory issues
- Microsoft Certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience working with a ticketing and/or issue resolution tool
- Prior experience serving in a technical support analyst role
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.