Senior Manager, Business Systems
You are dynamic and collaborative, with an intellectual curiosity. You excited to own the technology for an organization’s custom applications and member and eCommerce databases. You drive change through positive and thoughtful influence. You are analytical, detail-oriented, data driven and results oriented.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Senior Manager of Business Systems will have overall responsibility and is the technology owner of the Academy’s member and eCommerce databases and custom applications. The Senior Manager of Business Systems will maintain a deep understanding of key databases, applications and processes to help deliver impactful data and technology solutions for the Academy. The incumbent will work closely with business users to ensure their data, training and application needs are prioritized and addressed. The Senior Manager of Business Systems will also lead and contribute to institutionalizing data governance strategies and driving organizational changes that enable enterprise data governance and managing member data as an asset.
Serve as the Academy’s subject matter expert for the membership and eCommerce database systems, associated applications and/or solutions. Serve as the point of escalation working closely with the director, member services, and business stakeholders to improve information access, profile completeness and quality for core data assets, as well as to support and ensure adherence to an enterprise data management approach for data capture and data science at both the business and enterprise levels.
Lead the strategic vision, execution, maintenance and quality assurance efforts for business applications within the Academy’s portfolio. Proactively seek ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information to business managers on technical options and best practices. Work with key business owners to develop application roadmaps and contribute to the prioritization of project requests. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels to understand their business drivers in order to recommend appropriate business solutions.
Collaborate with subject matter experts and data stewards to define and implement data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable. Organize and lead a team of functional area and business stakeholders in establishing, maintaining and communicating data quality and standards to the broader organization. Continuously research the industry and identify new data sources and modern technology that will contribute to and support the long-term data needs of the business.
Perform regular training sessions on the Academy’s business system, maintain comprehensive user documentation, resolve questions, and give direction to less experienced staff as well as providing support to the leadership team on achieving strategic and tactical goals regarding current and future data needs.
Ability to design and implement the full project life cycle (initiation, planning, requirements, analysis, design, development, quality assurance, user-acceptance testing, deployment, and production support) ensuring quality of master data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
Contribute to system and enterprise-level data architecture and data management strategies, changes and solutions. Review and provide recommendations on data validation and testing approach, systems testing and support, and data quality processes. Identify opportunities for data quality improvements and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, and process control and improvement.
Responsible for understanding, analyzing, and documenting complex business processes and requirements which involve a broad understanding of the upstream and downstream systems, including impact and gap analysis of current data and reporting systems. Work closely with business and technical teams in analysis of unique business problems and use creative-problem solving to deliver actionable output.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, or related field required. Master’s Degree a plus
- Ten or more years working experience with the business and technical aspects of data governance, data integration/warehousing, and data and metadata management implementations required
- Five or more years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes and information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards.
- Hands-on experience working with complex database structures and systems required
- Technical expertise to interpret and document data warehouse design, ETL processes, and field level definitions required.
- Proficient with SQL Server database management and metadata manager tools.
- Advanced proficiency in data analysis, data profiling, data extraction, and data mining
- Experience designing and developing data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking, and matching required.
- Experience administering and managing Talend Data Quality tools including Talend Studio, Data Preparation, and Data Stewardship a plus.
- Ability to work across multiple organizations and departments.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects with the strong ability to properly delegate and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, peers, and senior management.
- Ability to think in a creative and innovative manner to create appropriate and efficient solutions.
- Ability to lead a team in defining effective technical solutions to business requirements and collaborate with business partners in defining future innovations.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal); ability to communicate and present to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical.
- Solid prioritization and project management skills including schedule development, assessment, and management reporting; proven ability to resolve project conflicts with little or no interaction.
- Ability to build relationships and partnerships, achieving results through influence, persuasion and the leveraging of these relationships.
- Positive customer service orientation and responsiveness.
- Academic qualification or professional training and experience in legal and regulatory areas are also desirable
- Working knowledge of data governance practices, policies and procedures
- Exposure to advanced analytics concepts such as predictive models and/or machine learning highly desired
- Previous work experience with medical associations or not-for profit organizations.
- Formal knowledge and experience with Personify, Inc. association management system or similar.
- Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results
- Accountability: Ownership of results that drives decisions and ensures implementation
- Continuous Learning: Investment in staff self-development to become more adaptable and makes the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable
- Teamwork: Effective and selfless collaboration to solve complex problems and drive innovation that is beyond the scope of any one individual
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and any additional materials that support your application.