Enterprise PMO, Project Manager
You are proactive, self-driven and goal oriented. You embrace challenges, persist despite obstacles and see failures as opportunities. You find it gratifying to keep projects on track and on budget by using your stellar communication know-how with all project stakeholders. You are nimble with ability to adapt to change, while still maintaining a structured approach to program and project implementation.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Project Manager serves a critical role within the Enterprise Project Management Office (PMO). This role acts as an organizational change agent and is be responsible for delivering projects and strategic initiatives that span cross-functional business teams and directly contribute to fulfilling the organizational mission of providing the highest level of musculoskeletal care. This includes managing project team resources, schedules and budgets, while ensuring adherence to the department’s standards and guidelines for project management and implementation. This person will manage issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and timely project delivery. The Project Manager will also be accountable for contributing to process improvement initiatives as it relates to project delivery.
While working within the Enterprise PMO team, this role will work independently and be accountable for assigned project implementations on a day to day basis. This includes all aspects of implementation, including discovery, definition, change management and the supporting technology initiatives required to meet the project objectives. The Project Manager is accountable for ensuring that assigned projects produce the required deliverables of quality within the specified constraints of time, cost and/or resources while still achieving the stated business outcomes.
Reporting to the Director of the Enterprise Project Management Office, the incumbent will possess a comprehensive understanding of cross-enterprise project implementations including the ability to plan and lead initiating and planning activities including requirements and specification elicitation leveraging the best fit methodology for the project. To be successful, this person must be incredibly organized and detail oriented, collaborative and a strong and clear communicator. The incumbent must also be pro-active and have experience in a rapidly changing environment with the ability to adapt to change, while still maintaining a structured approach to program and project implementation.
- Manage assigned projects that span one or more cross-functional teams; accountable for full project life cycle ownership; successful project delivery will include full system implementation from initiation to deployment.
- Contributes to establishing practices, templates, policies, tools related to project delivery standards.
- Demonstrates a functional acumen to support how solutions will address stakeholder needs while aligning to best practices; demonstrates expertise in scope planning and management and requirements elicitation and management. This requires critical thinking.
- Prepares estimates and detailed project plans for all phases a project; manages the day to day project activities and resources. This requires strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Participates in and/or manages the execution of feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders.
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables. This requires communication and influencer skills.
- Develop and deliver scope overviews, status reports, project proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences including project teams, sponsors, senior leadership and key stakeholders. This requires strong presentation skills.
- Provides detailed analysis of business needs to identify and document key requirements for technology systems and their success. The position holder will be data driven.
- Identifies and informs continuous improvement opportunities within the PMO and cross-organizationally to drive best practices and increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Approximately 10-15 days per year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, information technology management, business, project management, or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience managing technology related projects involving custom development or systems integration projects.
- 3-5 years of experience in a diverse business environment with demonstrated skills in supporting technology initiatives, project or program management, and systems design.
- 2-3 years’ experience managing cross-functional, large platform implementation programs or projects
- Experience working in a structured PMO a plus.
- Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) required.
- Experience in a rapidly changing environment and ability to adapt to change while still maintaining a structured approach to program and project implementation.
- Experience managing all aspects of project delivery, including business and technology.
- Strong familiarity with project management lifecycle methodology based upon Project Management Institute (PMI) standards.
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance processes and procedures.
- Experience with technology platform project delivery working across multiple System Development Methodologies including waterfall, hybrid, agile, SCRUM, etc.
- Demonstrated experience applying project management principles across various project implementation methodologies, particularly Hybrid agile.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present complex ideas and concepts and build collaborative relationships while maintaining accountability.
- Excellent documentation and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Visio and MS Project.
- Experience creating business process, business requirements and specification level detail documentation.
- Experience using web-based collaboration tools.
- Experience with enterprise systems that support strategic/critical organizational processes.
- Experience with organizational change management methodologies such as PROSCI or ACMP.
- Previous work experience with medical associations or not-for-profit organizations.
- Experience with MS Project Server and development management tools such as VSTS or JIRA to track and manage project team status
If this describes YOU, please share the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.