Senior Business Intelligence Developer
You are a natural seeker of collaboration. You go above and beyond in all that you do. You are both influential and a thought leader who can push boundaries and concepts with tact. You use new ideas to leverage creativity in the field. Even though there is just one of you, you seem to be everywhere, and into everything. Your knowledge of business intelligence and analytics is remarkable. You know enterprise data systems, data warehousing, relational databases and related technological platforms like no other. You are driven, efficient, and thrive in transformation.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will help lead the support of the Academy’s day-to-day use of the member and eCommerce databases, custom applications, and business intelligence reporting tools. Technical responsibility includes managing and supporting the BI tool platform, as well as having an in-depth knowledge on how to develop, implement and modify reports and dashboards for both internal and external customers. He or she will use this knowledge to offer strategic leadership, as needed, to business leads in support of report design projects. They will also contribute to project planning by providing resource estimates, manage multiple concurrent projects and field a variety of product-related requests. The Senior Business Intelligence Developer is required to understand and communicate technical concepts to members of the application support team and is expected to engage in technical conversations with the PMO and business stakeholders as needed.
Under management direction functions as the BI subject matter expert for platform development and administration. Ensure that the Academy is harvesting and maximizing knowledge and insights gained from analysis of transactional and historical data repositories. Acquire a deep understanding of the business questions or problems and proactively translate them into appropriate mathematical representations providing analysis for strategic priorities. Identify and present actionable patterns in data, and research data trends that will positively influence organizational decisions regarding industry and market changes thereby informing future product planning strategies.
Lead and perform explanatory data analysis, generating and testing working hypotheses that identify patters in the Academy’s data and result in actionable outcomes. Using complex computer programs, mine data sources and look for trends, extract data from databases and data warehouses for reporting and facilitate sharing between multiple data systems. Analyze and interpret data in collaboration with internal business stakeholders by designing and implementing advanced models, leveraging statistics, mathematics and econometrics to support short and long- term business strategies.
Standardize the Academy’s data collection by developing methods for database design and validation reports. Provide application analysis and data modeling design to collect data for the continued development of a centralized data warehouse. Proficiently extract and manage large volumes of data, synthesize and interpret the results and display the findings as appropriate, in creative and easy to understand charts and tables. Conduct healthcare procedure analyses and provide accurate interpretations and trends that focus on quality outcome measures. Work independently with stakeholders to define ad-hoc analyses and develop complex modeling tools and repeatable business process. Demonstrate a strong ability to effectively communicate findings, reports and charts to organizational stakeholders.
Oversee the development of the Academy’s analytic platform and capabilities, identify opportunities to improve existing tools and processes contributing to streamlined activities. Govern the overall health of the BI environments including cloud services. Perform environment capacity planning, enhance the Tabular model and scheduling refreshes, and implement usage monitoring for the environments. Develop a comprehensive working knowledge of the Academy’s tools, applications, and databases. Document business and technical feasibility assessments related to business requirements, evaluating gaps in data and technical capabilities, and communicating with business and technical teams on the responsibilities related to performing data analysis and data quality tasks. Establish processes that facilitate with the security, monitoring and development of work ensuring adherence to the data management and data quality standards and assist with developing proofs of concepts and/or prototypes as required. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, finance, statistics or math required; or a minimum of 5+ years of experience analyzing data and developing solutions utilizing business analysis tools
- Strong analytical skills; 3 - 5 years development experience with data visualization tools including PowerBI desktop, services, embedded and architecture
- Proficient technology skills in SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services and SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular Models
- Demonstrated experience with SSIS, Microsoft Azure and Active Directory a plus
- Ability to serve as a subject matter expert in data visualization and storytelling, providing both reactive and proactive consultative guidance for internal business partners
- Proven UX design skills to ensure a positive user experience with all self-serve BI solutions
- Promote best practices around analytical modeling techniques and data visualization
- Experience publishing BI applications and reports in an enterprise environment
- Experience working with embedded object mashup pages in a custom web application environment
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Structure data visualization tools for appropriate data source, filtering, and statistical methodology application
- Maintain a positive team attitude that fosters creative development within the organization
- Proven experience developing and executing strategic projects and initiatives
- Ability to participate in emerging data governance standards initiatives to remain current on evolving standards that impact Academy systems
- Advanced SQL and data blending skills
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to function in multi-project environment with tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and user orientation
- M.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Association Management Systems a plus
- Formal software engineering process training
- Familiarity with HIPAA/HITECH regulatory requirements for Information Security & Data Privacy
If this describes YOU, please share the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.