Customer Service Engagement Specialist
You are known for being empathetic, patient and curious. Your willingness to help and your methodical problem-solving process always leads to resolution. Your way of building an instant rapport with customers, paired with your positive attitude, make you the ultimate team player. You use your ideation and collaboration skills to the fullest to improve the overall work experience for both colleagues and customers.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
Under Manager supervision, the Customer Service Engagement Specialist will serve as liaison between the assigned department and the internal business teams to cultivate productive relationships with Academy members and customers. The incumbent will assist the Service Center Manager in creating, supporting, and executing strategies and/or programs developed across the Academy to ensure customer service goals are met.
The Customer Service Engagement Specialist will work closely with the Service Center Manager on scheduling and coordinating daily work activities including administration of CME transcript programs; conferring with product owners on complex service-related issues; assisting Customer Service Representatives (CSR) with processing incoming correspondence; monitoring and triaging JIRA service tickets and open service items recorded in the Contact Tracking Database; and preparing quarterly operational summaries for distribution to business stakeholders detailing insights on service-related matters based on customer feedback.
Under manager supervision, monitor and contribute to the resolution of daily service issues that come into the unit from members and/or customers of the Academy. Support will include but is not limited to, performing non-technical database functions including online corrections to member and customer records and managing web content updates to the Contact Us and FAQ pages. Contribute to the development and adherence to profile data entry/quality standards. Identify opportunities for process improvements based on member/customer feedback. Keep abreast of new service offerings working closely with the unit manager to prepare and train CSA staff as needed.
Work with the manager to monitor the Customer Contact Database daily. Ensure that all logged service issues from members are resolved within 3 business days of receipt. Ensure that service issues requiring Level 2 or 3 escalation are triaged to appropriate business owner through JIRA within 1 business day of receipt. Perform daily review of all triaged service issues to confirm timely resolution and communication with the originator (member or customer).
Support the Membership Experience team with the annual procurement of resident information from recognized training institutions. Ensure that associated internal record management processes for surgeon and non-surgeon members are thoroughly documented. Develop internal reports that inform business groups regarding annual acquisition of new resident data and contribute to efforts that target non-responding institutions. Contribute to the development of formal reports for review by the membership committee.
Coordinate with the Education and Member Experience groups to deliver and deploy all CME transcript documents for members and transmission to the ABOS. Provide general department administrative support to the unit Manager and CSR’s including updating member re-classifications, member transitions and member reinstatement requests. Facilitate with the processing of deceased records, assist with the review and processing of duplicate member records. Coordinates with executive staff for “in memoriam’ reports.
7 days per year
- Associates Degree plus three or more years of previous experience working in a customer service environment
- Polished oral and written communications and human relations skills and progressive levels of responsibility
- Exceptional administrative, organizational and project management skills with a keen sense of detail
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly in a fast-paced environment both within a team or independently
- Demonstrated proficiency with Association Management or Customer Relation Management Systems; previous experience working with Personify is a plus
- Portray a positive, can-do attitude with priority on team, not individual success
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with all levels of management; ability to coordinate projects with external partners/agencies
- Basic understanding of Membership organizations
- Bilingual, specifically proficient in Spanish
- Prior experience working with Content Management Systems (EpiServer) to support website page edits/updates
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge, including pivot tables, queries, etc.
- Prior experience working with JIRA service ticket tracking software
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.