Coding & Reimbursement Coordinator
Your knowledge of coding and reimbursement are second to none. Your superior skills in organization, communication and time management are unparalleled. You have an incredible ability to balance competing priorities while continuing to execute projects with excellence. You are a strong communicator, who truly enjoys working with people and being a team player. You are technologically savvy, cooperative, detail oriented supportive and live and breathe a “can do” attitude. You have high integrity, confidence, and radiate credibility with all levels in an organization, and its members.
If this sounds like you, read on!
Enhance content for non-clinical educational resources and materials for members related to coding. Manage content for the AAOS coding website as well as responding to member and staff requests for assistance on coding and reimbursement related issues. Assist with additional educational content such as draft comments related to procedural and diagnostic coding such as the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule.
Serve as co-staff liaison to the AAOS Coding Coverage & Reimbursement Committee. Assist with activities related to the AMA CPT Editorial Panel and issues related to the ICD-10 Coordination & Maintenance Committee. Act as co-liaison to the AAOS’ RUC Advisory Committee representatives to the Relative Update Value Committee related processes.
With the manager:
- Provides staff support to the Coding, Coverage and Reimbursement Committee (e.g., meeting coordination, agenda creation, related follow-up items) and the orthopaedic representatives to the AMA’s CPT Editorial Panel, CPT Advisory Committee.
- Serves as co-liaison to AMA/Specialty Society Relative Value Update Committee (RUC) and RUC Advisory Committee and musculoskeletal specialty society leaders involved in these activities (e.g., coordination of RUC surveys to the membership and data review).
- Provides content for the Coding Website, Coding Q&A Services, AAOS Practice Management Center and other communications related to coding to the membership. Maintenance of coding log.
- Manages production of content for AAOS publications on coding and billing issues, including Global Service Data for Orthopaedic Surgery, AAOS CPT/RVU Coding Guide, Code-X and other publications, as assigned.
- Drafts Academy position statements and advisory statements.
- Drafts testimony and comments to Congress and federal agencies, including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) (e.g., NCCI edits, MUEs, RBRVS, MPFS).
Approximately 15-20 days per year.
- Medical association experience in coding & reimbursement issues.
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and oral), organization, management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in common business computer applications (Word, Excel Power Point, Internet).
- Graduate degree in social sciences, policy analysis, law or related discipline.
- Medical coding experience.
- Basic understanding of survey research techniques.
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.