Education Project Manager
You are known for your keen insight into how people learn. Your intellectual curiosity assists in your ability to critically evaluate, recognize risk and identify solutions to improve upon current processes. Your solutions driven attitude paired with your dedication to accomplishing goals is unmatched.You confidently lead with credibility, proactively communicate and never lose sight of your exceptional commitment to the project. You are flexible, creative and earnest.
If this sounds like you, read on!
Manages projects to support product development, operations, and strategic initiatives. This position requires a full understanding of content development operations and extensive people, communication, organizational, planning, and project management skills. Assists in development of Project Management processes, tools, templates, policies, and procedures. Develops detailed project scope, timelines/work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Leads project meetings and is responsible for adherence to quality standards and review of project deliverables. Communicates with project champions, subject matter experts, and other resources as needed to ensure successful project management and implementation. Work with leadership and cross-functional project teams to steer projects through lifecycle, including initiating, planning, executing, controlling/monitoring, and closing.
Conduct effective, proactive communications with internal and external stakeholders, utilizing status updates, agendas, action items, issue logs, etc., as appropriate. Communicate status of plan, obstacles, etc., ensuring transparency of progress and risk.
Manage projects accordingly as circumstances change, holding team members accountable for delivery, and escalating issues to leadership as appropriate.
Partner with product owner and project sponsor to understand business strategy and requirements. Work with committees project manager to secure subject matter expertise for projects.
Provide operational input and counsel to Manager, Education Curriculum and Planning and Senior Manager of Online Learning as necessary to guide strategic initiatives.
Partner with project managers across organization to develop project management standards, processes, tools, templates, and policies.
Up to 10 days per year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification.
- 4 years progressively responsible experience working in content development operations with a minimum of 4 years project management experience.
- Experience working with medical or scientific professionals in creation of Academic products or programs including writing, editing, proof reading and fact-checking content.
- Demonstrated experience managing stakeholders in a weak matrix organization
- Strong organizational, team-building, time management, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, including Project and Visio, and web-based project management and collaborative applications.
- Experience developing eLearning coursework.
- Familiarity with instructional and learning/curriculum design.
- Previous professional, medical/association background.
- Previous people management experience.
- Previous nonprofit experience.
- Solutions-driven attitude
- Embodies AAOS values: Teamwork, Empowerment, Accountability, and Growth Mindset.
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.