Product Support Specialist
You are known for your ability to think both logically and creatively and can apply these methods to new situations. You have a forte for driving change to improve the overall customer experience. You are known for your excellent analytical skills and ability to quickly troubleshoot problems and identify root causes. Your exceptional ability to communicate and maintain relationships working within a cross-functional environment and providing excellent customer experience are amongst your top strengths.
If this sounds like you (or someone you know), please read on!
The Product Support Specialist is responsible for the Academy’s Content Management Systems (CMS) platforms and integrated custom applications. This role will work closely with the Web Strategy Manager and cross-functional content owner stakeholders to provide support and product lifecycle management, including: gathering and prioritizing product and business user requirements, assist in defining product vision, and working closely with project teams, application developers, data engineers, and other stakeholders to resolve issues. In addition, the position is responsible for identifying opportunities for process improvements and successful delivery of product enhancements. The position works closely with the AAOS Service Desk to provide first level technical support resources.
- Provides daily support to internal departments and specialty societies by monitoring and responding to service support requests. Become the subject matter expert with respect to the Academy’s content management system, associated web properties and application portfolio ensuring that support requests are researched, triaged and/or resolved in a timely manner. Applies strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills while interfacing with staff at all levels. Promptly identifies and assigns requests to proper work queues and manages backlog issues according to policy.
- Serves as subject matter expert with internal website content producers and owners with support questions related to web page content updates, broken links, custom templates and stylesheets, or address questions related to the content management system access and/or functionality. Provides support for Content Management System (CMS) internal and external websites. Works with support team to evaluate complex system issues, identifies root causes and drives resolutions. Identifies Hotfix candidate issues and raises red flags when issues meet the appropriate criteria.
- Provides support for all Academy standard desktop software and Academy’s application portfolio including, but not limited to, Association Management System (AMS), Content Management System (CMS), Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, appropriate media players, as well as other non-standard third-party products. Works closely with Project Managers and Developers to assign tasks based on high priority; attends daily stand-ups to monitor sprint progress and escalates concerns in a timely manner,
- Works effectively and communicates with technical and non-technical users including business stakeholders, developers, vendor partners and end users regarding assigned project work and/or operational practices. Coordinates with business units to support new product developments and existing product enhancements; meets with business stakeholders regularly to prioritize work. Provides ongoing training and support to internal staff who access and update information within the Association Management System (AMS) and Content Management System (CMS). Develops and delivers robust operational and end-user documentation including process flow charts, training materials, user guides and training videos. As assigned, implements and maintains operational standards to ensure that documentation is periodically assessed for change.
- Under management guidance and directive, establishes operational processes that contribute to the cataloging and management of the Academy’s application portfolio and digital assets. Provides assistance and guidance to internal content owners as needed. Supports developers on system and data integration projects by providing solid, solutions-oriented recommendations on business system setup. Contributes to user acceptance testing for newly developed applications and/or services. Performs all other job-related duties as required or assigned.
- 5 to 10 days per year
- Bachelor’s Degree (technology preferred)
- 3 – 5 years of experience supporting Content Management Systems and Website administration
- Experience in website design and support using Ektron, Episerver, SOLR Search, and EPI Find.
- Knowledge of technical architecture, data integration, and a solid understanding of relational databases and Content Management Systems is essential.
- Demonstrated skills in report development using MS Excel, Power BI, and Crystal Reports.
- Familiarity with UI/UX design, graphic design tools, and CSS and HTML
- Able to work with and train non-technical clients (this position requires extensive interaction with all Academy staff) to develop and maintain the support of Academy’s web content
- Highly resourceful, organized and capable of working on multiple initiatives simultaneously with minimal direction.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to communicate ideas and solutions effectively.
- Show competency in learning new software and functionality for both custom and out-of-the-box functionality.
- Exceptional attention to detail; solid experience in quality assurance and performance integration testing.
- Formal education or training in software development life cycle methodologies and software testing and validation procedures a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Windows 10 and PCs and Macintosh equipment and laptops
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application