Marketing Specialist, Membership Onboarding & Engagement
You are an enthusiastic self-starter and a quick learner with an eye for detail. You are a natural influencer, in your ability to inspire and collaborate with those around you. You are known for your exceptional communication skills, and you use them flawlessly in appealing to your audience, in fresh, new, and exciting ways. You relish using your effortless creativity in branding products and services to create mass appeal. Your business savvy aids in understanding how marketing goals are intrinsically connected to the overall business. You are excited to use insights from your analytical mindset to help drive the business forward.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Marketing Specialist, Membership Onboarding & Engagement will be expected to lead a wide variety of marketing initiatives, including executing a plan that is focused on onboarding and engagement of orthopaedic professionals in all key segments. This entails managing marketing communications to onboard and engage Academy members through a variety of channels, managing digital/social strategies, internal communications, and more.
The Marketing Specialist, Membership Onboarding & Engagement will help to execute a consistent brand voice and support communications and programming regarding member benefits to new and existing Academy members. This individual will have experience in membership, B2C marketing and engagement strategies. It is critical that the individual in this role can effectively support high visibility projects, has a solid grasp on general marketing principles and tools, and is a superb written and oral communicator. This person must have the ability to work with cross-functional departments within the organization, manage many projects simultaneously and autonomously, and be able to organize and simplify information.
- Conceptualizes and executes direct response onboarding and engagement marketing campaigns across integrated channels including email, direct mail, social, telemarketing and web
- Facilitates implementation and execution of FAAOS designation, including collaborating with all internal stakeholders to ensure front and back end set up are achieved for distribution and awareness. Strategize, create, and maintain communications strategy for private FAAOS group on appropriate marketing channel (Facebook, etc.)
- Obtains quotes and timelines from applicable internal and external vendors for execution of marketing projects by determined deadlines, including but not limited to direct mail, print, publications, promotional ads, and event signage
- Creates strategy, timeline, and implementation plan and track weekly engagement posts to complement membership engagement strategy in collaboration with Marketing Communications team on key Academy marketing channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Lead owner of Marketo email messaging for Onboarding/Engagement team including email template design, list uploading/identification, quality control, marketing calendar, and analytics tracking
- Works with PR and Marketing teams to capture and develop member videos/testimonials to use as key member experience tools year-round
- Completes full member journeys for onboarding and engagement to all audience segments
- Supports the definition, evolution and reinforcement of a clear and consistent brand voice and identity for the Academy, including engagement scoring tactics
- Builds, updates, and manages internal website and landing pages for member onboarding journeys
- Experienced at copywriting and creation of visual marketing collateral
- Interprets marketing analytics and produce reports for constituents and internal stakeholders on Key Performance Indicators (KPIS) and determine ROI on marketing tactics for all onboarding and engagement initiatives
- Supports Senior Manager in execution and sustainment of FAAOS member benefit program
- Manages relationships with internal departments and external partners, including but not limited to Membership Operations, TDS, PR and Communications, specialty societies, design, education, publications and website teams
- Acts as lead for the Membership Marketing team on all Google Analytics and Power BI policies, initiatives, and best practices
- Acts as lead for Membership Marketing team on all social media best practices, policies, initiatives and campaign techniques
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to continue building member value by identifying and communicating gaps in benefits and transition periods for member personas in order to increase member value
- Builds, manage and report on budgets as requested
- Represents company at customer or industry events where applicable
- Corroborates with Senior Manager in developing strategy and executing all onboarding and engagement communications for key audience personas.
- Manages temporary personnel during key peak periods or during special project assignments as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or related field, 3-5 years’ experience in Marketing, Communications/PR or Advertising required
- Knowledge of direct marketing tactics including owning strategy and execution of paid social media campaigns including but not limited to Google, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Basic skill with marketing automation and graphic design software, must have familiarity with at least one major marketing automation platform (i.e. Salesforce, HubSpot, Marketo, Constant Contact, Oracle’s Eloqua, etc)
- Portray a positive, can-do attitude with priority on team, not individual success
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly in a fast-paced environment both within a team or independently
- Strong analytics skills, including tracking, analyzing and communicating marketing trends and results from related campaigns
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience providing creative direction to external partners/agencies
- Understanding of basic CRM strategies and practices
- Basic skill with HTML and/or web development software
- Previous work experience in an association and/or NGO business model
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and any additional materials that support your application.