You have a passion for making an impact in the healthcare industry from an evidence-based standpoint and work well individually and on a team of like-minded researchers. Your knowledge and interests are in qualitative and quantitative research methods. You are detail-oriented, focused, and enjoy reading and evaluating clinical research articles.
If this sounds like you, read on!
The Research Analyst participates in the development of clinical practice guidelines, systematic literature reviews, performance measures, technology overviews, and appropriate use criteria by critically evaluating published studies, abstracting information from these studies, using applicable statistical methods to analyze the evidence from those studies, and preparing written commentaries and clinical scenarios for use by physician work groups/panels. Produces professional reports for publication of AAOS Appropriate Use Criteria, performance measures, systematic literature reviews, technology overviews, and Clinical Practice Guidelines.
Critically evaluates the quality, conduct, and analysis of published clinical research studies.
Abstracts information/data from peer-reviewed clinical research studies to create literature reviews for the development of AAOS Appropriate Use Criteria, Performance Measures, Systematic Literature Reviews, Technology Overviews and Guidelines.
Demonstrates ability to communicate the strength and weaknesses of clinical studies and interpret meta-analyses and statistical analyses.
Provides technical and administrative support at AAOS Appropriate Use Criteria, Performance Measure, Systematic Literature Review, Technology Overviews and Guidelines work group meetings/ conference calls. Responds to the feedback of the work group members responsible for developing appropriate use criteria and guidelines; corrects errors noted in data abstraction.
Maintains current knowledge of appropriateness and quantitative methods including review of current peer-reviewed literature and achieving publication in peer-reviewed literature. Additionally, maintains knowledge of musculoskeletal and other clinical medicine research.
- Master’s degree in the health or life sciences with relevant experience including statistical analysis software or survey research experience.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with Word, Access and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and critically evaluate the design, conduct, and analysis of clinical studies.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend articles published in peer-reviewed medical journals.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- At least one year of previous experience in preparing, systematic literature reviews.
- Experienced in the use of STATA, SPSS, or SAS statistical software packages
- Familiarity with evidence-based medicine processes, RAND/UCLA Appropriateness Method or other Delphi methods.
- Familiarity with survey research methods and analysis.
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.