Development & Finance Coordinator, American Shoulder & Elbow Surgeons
Your cooperative, supportive, “can do” nature reflects in each and everything you do. Your strategic mindset serves you well as a staff liaison to committees. You have the innate ability to work independently and responsibly, prioritize, exercise good, independent judgment and initiative and respond quickly to changing priorities.
If this sounds like you, read on!
Coordinate the development, implementation, and evaluation of the ASES Foundation’s philanthropic activities according to key association management principles and ethics to maintain a healthy and viable organization. Coordinate a wide variety of detailed and complex project management activities, which are dependent upon the Foundation’s initiatives and strategic goals. Serve as liaison to the committees, members and donors as assigned.
Coordinate, implement and evaluate fundraising activities.
- Coordinate the fundraising initiatives to include fundraising campaigns and special virtual and face-to-face philanthropic events. Communicate committee and Board decisions. Update processes as needed.
- Maintain donor lists. Develop and distribute donor invoices and acknowledgment letters; monitor and process donations; send reminders as necessary.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve donor engagement.
- Create and distribute relevant donor marketing communications including maintenance of the Foundation’s web pages and development and maintenance of social media platforms.
- Maintain records and historical data.
- Create, edit, and distribute donor solicitation letters, updates and newsletters.
- Update web pages with contribution methods and public donor recognition. Draft correspondence as necessary.
- Follow appropriate Foundation policies and procedures; suggest updates as needed.
Support the Foundation’s mission and vision by serving as a liaison to assigned committees and project teams.
- Work with leaderships of the Patient-centered Initiatives Ad-Hoc Committee, the Member-centered Initiatives Ad-hoc Committee, the Industry-centered Initiatives Ad-hoc Committee, Grants Committee, and other groups as assigned to implement the groups’ deliverables on time and within budget.
- Assist leadership with agenda development, arrange and communicate meetings and conference calls; distribute agenda materials; write appropriate reports; draft, distribute, and archive meeting minutes/official business; conduct follow-up on action items; provide guidance as necessary.
- Assist with projects as assigned; attend meetings as directed. Review and evaluate activities on a regular basis; ensure groups are meeting objectives.
Support the ASESF Board of Trustees.
- Assist leadership with agenda development, arrange and communicate meetings and conference calls; distribute agenda materials; write appropriate reports; draft, distribute, and archive meeting minutes/official business; conduct follow-up on action items.
Manage Grants, Awards and Special Funds
- Coordinate the collection and review of grants; communicate committee’s decisions; submit and distribute funding requests; collect reports from recipients and publish as directed.
- Coordinate the collection and review of award applications and activities undertaken by awardees as a result of receiving awards; communicate committee’s decisions; submit and distribute funding requests; collect reports from recipients and publish as directed.
- Manage the Founder’s Legacy Fund and the Young Member Scholarship Fund;
- Assist leadership with development of new grants and awards; develop policies and procedures; track applications, process invoices and record program payments.
Manage the ASESF Fellowship Education Grant Program.
- Serve as liaison to industry partners supporting the program.
- Develop and distribute solicitation materials and letters to potential donors and industry partners in support of the program;
- Distribute, collect and review program application materials and grant agreements. Coordinate ongoing communications with Fellowship Programs applying for grants and field questions as needed.
- Track program applications and ensure adherence to policies; invoice, collect, and record program payments; handle related correspondence.
- Coordinate all related communications, develop and distribute donor reports.
- Develop awareness of the program through articles and promotional materials.
Support the ASES and Foundation Accounting Team.
- Assist the ASES Accountant with payables and receivables.
- Create invoices as needed and assist members with reimbursement reports.
- Record and track the society and foundation payments in the ASES database.
- Assist in collecting the reports for monthly reconciliation.
- Manage the collection of W9s/W8-BEN forms.
- Maintain paper and electronic financial records and assist with development of financial policies and procedures.
Conduct other duties as needed or assigned.
- Solicit ASES membership for committee volunteers; maintain committee lists and rosters; send acknowledgements; and assist with orientation.
- Update the Foundation’s web pages in a timely and user-friendly format to reflect current philanthropic events, grants, awards and other funding opportunities.
- Prepare confidential and special reports as directed.
- Develops timelines, procedures, and schedules for projects as assigned.
- Provides administrative coordination as requested to facilitate Foundation’s projects and activities.
- Perform all other job-related duties as required or assigned.
- 12-15 days per year
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Four years of association management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent member and donor service mentality and delivery; effective verbal and written communications; fundraising experience; strong organization and interpersonal skills. Ability to think proactively and creatively.
- Must excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Cooperative, supportive, and “can do” attitude is crucial to success. This person must have integrity and credibility with leaders, members, vendors, and staff.
- Experience with MemberClicks or similar database.
Experience with Oasis or similar database.
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.