You are known for your exceptional knowledge of application architecture and architecture constructs. You have excellent business acumen and know how to lead, while remaining tactical. You understand how to translate the ideas of business leaders and end users into technical requirements that the team can successfully implement. Your proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills help identify, communicate and resolve issues, find opportunities and resolve issues. You are flexible, creative and a big-picture thinker who also understands the importance of consistently applying enterprise standards and guiding principles throughout the application lifecycle.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The role of Senior Developer involves designing and developing AAOS enterprise grade applications on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. This role is responsible for architecture, development and maintenance of the organization’s web sites and applications. The successful candidate will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship, collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and solution architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain business applications and guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery. Additionally, the Senior Developer will:
- Develop large scale web sites utilizing the Microsoft .NET framework. Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming. Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards. Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code. Perform the typical developer functions while also architecting creative solutions, utilizing rapid prototyping, and performing high-level technical review/analysis of new technologies.
- Maintain high standards of application quality within the team by establishing good practices. Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team. Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of applications.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications. Manage cloud-based version control system and lead deployment of releases. Document as well as assist in applying best practices and continuous improvements in build, deployment and testing process.
- Find, recommend, and adapt existing third-party code for use on the Academy's programming platforms. Documents all code and maintains detailed and structured documentation.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders – technical and business – to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain business applications.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Works cooperatively with team members to research, plan, and develop .Net applications. Oversee the implementation, performance, and maintenance of applications. Work with the teams to determine test strategies and then defines test plan scenarios where useful. Debugs and troubleshoots applications in cross-browser and mobile device settings.
- Participate in code reviews for new and ongoing .Net developments to ensure that code quality is at the highest level and appropriate design patterns are being used according to the standards proposed.
- Work to improve the ongoing release processes and code release management - Incident management and resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or similar
- 5+ years of object-oriented programming experience designing and developing enterprise grade applications
- Proficient with Microsoft .NET 4+ development using C#
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments (e.g. GIT, Visual Studio team services and source control)
- Experience in cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and web standards
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL and ORM technologies
- Experience in backend integration and usage of REST APIs
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping
- Effectively communicates and documents technical architecture and solutions to internal peer groups as well as other groups
- A team player with solid communication skills, excellent at problem solving, troubleshooting, and embracing new challenges
- Positive attitude and the ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment
- Ability to manage time across multiple, simultaneous projects
- Experience with Angular 8+
- Experience in Implementation and development web content management, (EPiServer)
- Experience operating solutions build on Microsoft Azure (or AWS)
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- 1+ years of experience with Python
- 1+ years of experience with Cosmos DB or other document databases
- Experience with Cross Platform IOS / Android development
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.