You enjoy supporting and contributing to a team that delivers exceptional results and has the track record to prove it. You are happiest in an environment that is dynamic and exciting. You are known for your ability to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. You are diplomatic and assertive while keeping the work on track. You listen, discern needs and then deliver on those requests.
If this sounds like you, read on!
Provides support to the Exhibits & Sponsorship Manager, Exhibits & Sponsorship Senior Manager and works with the exhibit team staff, performs a wide variety of detailed administrative and computer-oriented tasks relative to the Academy’s Annual Meeting industry exhibits.
Coordinates the maintenance of the industry database and exhibitor files. Assists with the review of exhibit space applications and assignment. Maintains statistical records of applications received and space requested. Oversees the tracking of the booth relocation and wait lists and communicates the status of those requests to companies on each list. Manages the tracking of booth payments, processes payments, sends invoices and responds to any booth payment and cancellation inquiries. Organizes and proofs industry exhibit information for annual meeting online listings and publications. Main point of contact for all general exhibit related inquiries and special requests, such as providing letters of agreement, invitation letters, and/or exhibitor graphic.
Coordinates the review and approval process for Company Review and Booth Activities applications and communicates the status to exhibitors. Organizes exhibitor mail list advertising materials for approval/denial, assists with review, and handles all correspondences with the exhibitor regarding approval or updates. Coordinates the collection, review and posting of vendor order forms for the Exhibitor Service Manual.
Oversees the production of the AAOS Redemption Centers coupons, orders the giveaway and raffle items, and makes the arrangements for the transfer of the raffle prizes to each winner. On-site supervises temp staff to distribute items to attendees, tracks giveaway and raffle coupons collected and organize summary reports. Assists with the assignment and logistics for Bioskills Sessions and Industry Sessions, and monitors sessions at the annual meeting.
Attends Academy’s Annual Meeting to assists in the Exhibits Office and exhibit hall as needed. Assists with monitoring the Bioskills, Industry Sessions and beverage breaks.
Exemplifies the following essential values of the Academy:
- Teamwork: Effective collaboration and team-focus to solve complex problems and drive innovation.
- Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results.
- Accountability: Ownership of process and results that drive decisions and ensure implementation.
- Mindset of Growth/Continuous Learning: Focused on and invested in self and staff development to become more adaptable, making the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable.
- 8-10 days per year
- Undergraduate degree, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of two years of general office experience.
- Above average ability in written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Database experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in the trade show or meeting industry, or in an exhibits function in an association
- Association experience
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.