You are highly motivated, have keen attention to detail and possess a passion for examinations, assessment and evaluation. You employ data analysis to help to creatively solve complex problems, providing additional value to advance the field of medical education. You continually demonstrate exceptional communication skills and a solution-oriented attitude. You are known for your ability to juggle multiple responsibilities with great autonomy and initiative. You enjoy working in a dynamic climate, while developing partnerships, both internally and externally in an organization. You have strong project management expertise, outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Examinations Specialist manages the development of assigned self-assessment examination products, including content delivery and publication, media processing and preparation as directed by the Assessments and Examinations Manager. Serves as Product Owner for assigned self-assessment examination products, including monitoring of established budgets, review of program evaluations, tracking and reporting of innovations in exam-based education and continual process improvement.
Manages development of examination programs as assigned and provide guidance to corresponding Evaluation Committees and Chairs throughout the process including:
- Managing examination project timetables
- Managing question surveys, question assignments, examination item review processes, and Panel Review Meetings (virtual)
- Maintaining and triaging test items, electronic image files, video files, and other multimedia for application into examination programs
- Managing online forms for required documentation; collect data pertinent to examination program development
- Monitoring and managing item peer review process including meetings to assist with the process
- Proofreading and editing examination items; work with medical editor for final copy editing
- Working with AAOS Learning & Practice staff to post final examination files online at AAOS LMS
- Managing item writer CME for assigned examinations
- Managing complimentary exam distribution for committee members with customer service
- Communicating with committee members and other stakeholders as necessary
- Applying Academy policies and procedures
Manages development and planning of virtual Test Item Panel Review Meetings:
- Assisting committee members with technology
- Developing meeting materials
- Hosting meetings (virtual and in-person) alongside committee chair and members (most meetings take place outside of standard business hours)
Manages exam distribution and sales process including:
- Executing examination quality assurance on LMS; provide iterative improvement feedback to LMS Administrator
- Collaborating with MarCom staff to promote product availability and ongoing revenue generation
- Coordinating and monitor appropriate crediting of examination CME for Academy membership
- Monitoring monthly examination sales dashboards and recommend forecast impact
- Creating, updating and maintaining evaluation reports and monitoring program participation
Exemplifies the following essential values of the Academy:
- Teamwork: Effective collaboration and team-focus to solve complex problems and drive innovation.
- Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results.
- Accountability: Ownership of process and results that drive decisions and ensure implementation.
- Mindset of Growth/Continuous Learning: Focused on and invested in self and staff development to become more adaptable, making the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable.
- Up to 7 days per year
- Undergraduate degree in Education, related discipline or equivalent work experience in test development
- 3+ years in progressive project responsibility especially in examination development and working with volunteers
- Strong organizational skills; above average ability in communications and human relations skills; experience working as part of a team
- Excellent technology skills, including database software, Microsoft Office 365 and related applications, Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat. Experience with the Articulate development suite helpful.
- Examination development process in professional testing experience
- Medical association or health care organization experience
- 3 - 5 years' experience working with subject matter expert committees
- Experience with item banking principles and platforms
- Experience with media processing (image editing, video processing, etc.)
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter with salary expectations to be considered.
This position is based in Rosemont, Illinois and is open to applicants who are able to relocate to commuting distance to that office.
AAOS requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request a reasonable accommodation. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law and public health guidance. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Exemptions from the vaccine policy may also be provided to fully remote positions that do not involve any business travel or in-person work activities.