.NET Web Developer
You are a natural problem solver who is passionate about designing web-based interfaces and applications. You are collaborative and inspire those around you, stimulating creativity, initiative and performance from your teammates. You have the innate desire to constantly increase your knowledge and participating in open-source projects is exciting to you. You can see the bigger picture. You appreciate a user’s perspective, and use this insight to design customer centric applications.
If this sounds like you (or someone you know), please read on!
The .NET Web Developer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the AJRR Registry Insights platform including the analysis, functional design, technical design, coding, testing, implementation, and post-implementation to support a hybrid Agile delivery method. This position is responsible for the technical integrity of Registry Insights platform and works closely with the AJRR data team to ensure data integrity of the Registry Insights web applications.
- Utilizes a deep understanding of object-oriented design principles in designing and developing custom software solutions and reusable code and/or modifying and integrating with third party solutions.
- Designs, documents, develops, deploys, and maintains best in class transactional applications leveraging Microsoft technologies and design patterns.
- Develops and maintains technical and project documentation. Develops test plans and work with stakeholders to test releases. Participates in or assumes a lead role in quality assurance processes.
- Maintains the release management cycle and the application development environments. Implements application development best practices.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to elicit requirements and provide recommendations for platform improvements.
- Exemplifies the following essential values of the Academy:
- Teamwork: Effective collaboration and team-focus to solve complex problems and drive innovation.
- Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results.
- Accountability: Ownership of process and results that drive decisions and ensure implementation.
- Mindset of Growth/Continuous Learning: Focused on and invested in self and staff development to become more adaptable, making the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or similar. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Business Administration, or other related field required; Relevant experience may be substituted when appropriate.
- ASP.NET MVC / HTTP/ REST / SOAP
- HTML5 / CSS3
- C# / LINQ / XML / JSON
- SQL SERVER /SQL
- GIT /GITHUP
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development using C# and ASP.NET
- Demonstrated understanding of solution architecture and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of platform interoperability strategies, risks, and challenges
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated desire to learn new technologies
- Proven experience architecting/operating solutions build on Microsoft Azure (or AWS) in a PaaS model
- Expertise in designing and developing web applications and APIs using Microsoft.NET
- Experience implementing and maintaining multiple response formats (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Experience with one or more database platforms (MS SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with Azure B2C Portal a plus
- Experience with MS VSTS development and deployment tools
- Experience with Python
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships and translate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Health Care industry experience a plus; particularly in the area of quality reporting
- Association or not-for-profit experience
- Registry experience
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.
-Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter with salary expectations to be considered.
This position is based in Rosemont, Illinois and is open to applicants who are able to relocate to commuting distance to that office.
AAOS requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request a reasonable accommodation. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law and public health guidance. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Exemptions from the vaccine policy may also be provided to fully remote positions that do not involve any business travel or in-person work activities.