Society Coordinator, International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
Your cooperative, supportive, “can do” nature reflects in each and everything you do. Your strategic mindset serves you well as a staff liaison to committees. You have the innate ability to work independently and responsibly, prioritize, exercise good, independent judgment and initiative and respond quickly to changing priorities.
If this sounds like you, read on!
The Society Coordinator, ISASS coordinates the development, implementation, and evaluation of the society’s activities according to key association management principles and ethics in order to maintain a healthy and viable organization. Performs a variety of detailed and complex project management activities, which are dependent upon the society’s initiatives and strategic plan. Serves as a liaison to committees as assigned.
Support the society’s mission and vision through assigned committees.
· Serve as a liaison to assigned committees.
· Work with leadership to implement committees’ deliverables on time and within budget.
· Review and evaluate committees’ activities on a regular basis; ensure groups are meeting objectives; provide guidance as necessary.
· Assist leadership with agenda development, arrange and communicate the meetings; distribute agenda materials; write appropriate reports; draft, distribute, and archive meeting minutes/official business; conduct follow-up on action items.
· Develop and maintain effective communications and relations with leadership.
· Coordinate announcements and collection of volunteer applications; coordinate evaluation process and other key data; handle all related correspondence.
· Assist staffwith the management of other governing entities and their deliverables through agenda development and distribution; report development, meeting documentation,and follow-up on action items as assigned.
Coordinate and assist with the implementation of educational programming and events.
· Coordinate logistical, operational, and communication elements of programming within timelines and budget.
· Prepare specifications for hotel staff, audiovisual companies, and other contractors as needed. Assist with the development of request for proposals and prepare proposal comparison for supervisor’s review and decision.
· Assist with the management of vendor relationships.
· Assist in the creation, production, and distribution of all program materials, including the print and online preliminary and final programs and promotional materials.
· Handle all aspects of the registration process including creating online registration, assisting stakeholders with registration issues; managing onsite registration, reconciling registrations, handling post registration issues, and creating and sending all related communications.
· Develop online “call for abstracts”, coordinate the evaluation process, and develop and send related communications under the direction of the Meetings and Education Manager.
· Contribute to the preparation and distribution of exhibitor materials and related communications.
· Assist in the evaluation of programming, recommend new learning or environment formats to enhance the attendees’ experience, and implement as directed.
· Pack, unpack, lift, and move boxes.
· Maintain programming records, such as registrations, exhibitors, speakers, ACCME documentation, etc.
Implement membership activities.
· Assist in the development and implementation, evaluation, and enhancement of membership plans to improve recruitment and retention rates.
· Maintain membership database.
· Coordinate all aspects of the member application process, including maintenance of the online program, collection of application materials, management of the leadership’s review and decision process, and creation and distribution of all communications with applicants and members.
· Follow appropriate membership policies and procedures and suggest updates as needed.
Develop and coordinate communications to members, nonmembers,and the public.
· Maintain societies’ web sites in a timely and user-friendly format; update and develop content as needed.
· Handle day-to-day interactions by answering the society’s telephone and responding to the society’s emails.
· Draft correspondence as necessary.
· Create, edit,and distribute print and electronic newsletters and “e-blasts”.
· 10-15 days; International travel may be required.
· Evening conference calls and weekend meetings.
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
· At least 4 years of association management experience.
· Proficient inMicrosoft Office.
· Excellent member service mentality and delivery; effective verbal and written communications; strong organization and interpersonal skills. Ability to think proactively and creatively.
· Must excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Cooperative, supportive, and“can do” attitude is crucial to success. This person must have integrity and credibility with leaders, members, vendors, and staff.
· Experience with Personify.
· Experience in management services environment.
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences.
-Attach your resume, cover letter, salary expectations and any additional materials that support your application.