Application Development Team Lead
You are known for your integrity and your ability to encourage and empower team members. You are passionate and able to quickly understand and guide significant projects to completion, while working collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders - both technical and non-technical. You understand how to translate the ideas of business leaders and end users into technical requirements that the team can successfully implement. You are excited to show off your creative expertise in developing applications, while acting as an example for others to follow. You are influential, use excellent communication skills and have the capacity to mentor and coach. You have an all-hands on deck mentality, and relish in rolling-up your sleeves and digging in.
If this sounds like you (or someone you know), please read on!
The role of Application Development Team Lead involves designing and developing AAOS enterprise grade applications on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. This role is responsible for technical development, architecture, and maintenance of the organization web sites and applications. The Software Development Team Lead will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship. Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and solution architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain business applications. Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
Develop and maintain large scale web sites that reside on a content management system and utilizes the Microsoft .NET framework. Must demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming. Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards. Performs the typical functions of Developer role, but also puts together product concepts, architecture solutions, performs some creative design, rapid prototyping, and high-level, technical review/analysis of new technologies.
Manage source code and lead deployment of releases. Document as well as assist in applying best practices and continuous improvements in build, deployment and testing process. Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of application.
Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current Microsoft technologies. Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications. Maintain high standards of application quality within the team by establishing good practices. Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
The position will have high involvement in ongoing enhancements for AAOS web sites and web applications. Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a member of a high-performance team, as well as the maturity to work independently.
Work cooperatively with team members to research, plan, and develop applications. Oversee the implementation, performance, and maintenance of applications. Work with the teams to determine test strategies and then define test plan scenarios where useful. Debug and troubleshoot applications in cross-browser and mobile device settings.
Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code. Ensure that code quality is at the highest level and appropriate design patterns are being used according to the standards proposed. Improve the ongoing release processes and code release management. Incident management and resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or engineering ot similar.
- 5+ years of object-oriented programming experience designing and developing enterprise grade applications.
- Proficient with Microsoft .NET 3.5+ development using C#.
- Experience leading a development team or project.
- Experience in Implementation and development web content management, WCMS (e.g. Ektron, and EPiServer)
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments (e.g. GIT, Visual Studio team services and source control).
- Experience in cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and web standards.
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL and ORM technologies.
- Experience in backend integration and usage of REST APIs.
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping.
- Effectively communicates and documents technical architecture and solutions to internal peer groups as well as other groups.
- A team player with solid communication skills, excellent at problem solving, troubleshooting, and embracing new challenges.
- Positive attitude and the ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage time across multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Familiarity of federated authentication and single sign-on (SSO).
- Experience with solutions build on Microsoft Azure (or AWS).
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.