Communications Coordinator, POSNA
You are a stellar communications strategist, who is always looking to improve channels of communication to reach the target audience. You are inventive and resourceful. You are confident and clear in presenting a message with conviction and authority. Working with physician members is extremely gratifying to you. You are positive, persuasive, collaborative and professional. You are technologically savvy, cooperative, supportive and live and breathe a “can do” attitude.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Communications Coordinator, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (POSNA), performs a variety of activities related to society communications in order to assist with the maintenance of a healthy and viable membership organization. Supports assigned committees to carry out their stated initiatives and projects. Provides support to the Society as needed.
Create, implement and distribute a wide range of communication projects supporting the society’s programs.
- Serves as editor/writer of society communications. Works with committees and staff to develop and distribute content.
- Edits educational programs for, the pre-course, annual meeting, subspecialty day, IPOS and other documents as assigned. Updates and maintains the society social media outlets in collaboration with leadership and the management team. Helps identify news of interest for distribution.
- Coordinates content on the society website. Organizes web content to maximize usability and functionality. Keeps content on the POSNA website current and relevant and identifies needed updates or new opportunities. Seeks information from relevant stakeholders. Ensures content meets branding, online writing standards and style guides.
- Organizes content for OrthoKids.com. Works with Technology Oversight Committee and Public Education and Media Relations Committee to ensure content meets branding, online writing standards and style guides.
- Coordinates content for the IPOS website. Works with Course Director and staff to ensure content is current and relevant. Ensures content meets branding, online writing standards and style guides .Lead configuration of the mobile event app for several major meetings per year including staff training, staff coordination, and on-site support.
- Supports the society’s video portal, POSNAcademy. Works with the Editor and Deputy Editor to facilitate communication between authors, publications committee and technology oversight committee to collect content, disclosure forms and permissions for content. Provides technical support related to uploading content the video portal.
- Responsible for the society job board. Processes reports, payments and generates monthly Personify reports.
- Monitor and analyze site use statistics/metrics; report on such findings for website, apps, POSNAcademy.
Provide support and guidance to leadership and staff.
- Supports Technology Oversight Committee (including its project teams), Resident Review Committee, Publications Committee, CORE Curriculum Committee, E-Editorial Committee and other committees as assigned. Create and distribute agendas with leadership input; arrange and communicate meetings; draft, distribute, and archive meeting minutes/official business; and ensure follow-up on all action items.
- Ensure all assigned committees are meeting objectives; provide guidance as necessary.
Conducts other duties as needed or assigned.
- Develops and maintains protocols and procedures related to position’s responsibilities. Provides administrative support as requested to facilitate society and department projects and activities.
- Provides on-site support at assigned meetings and courses.
- Approximately 10-15 days per year
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years of communications experience, association management experience preferred.
- An understanding of nonprofit member focused organization and awareness of the value, purpose, culture and mission of nonprofit organizations. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize work, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge in communications software, content management systems and programs (i.e. Kentico, Kaltura, Constant Contact, Hootsuite).
- Experience in a variety of social media tools and platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent member service mentality and delivery; effective verbal and written communications; strong organization and interpersonal skills. Ability to think proactively and creatively.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Cooperative, supportive, and “can do” attitude is crucial to success. This person must have integrity and credibility with leaders, members, vendors, and staff.
- Experience with mobile apps desired. No development experience required, but strong exposure to the process of configuring apps is beneficial. Personify. iMIS.
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and any additional materials that support your application.