Marketing Research Intern (Spring/Summer 2024)
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Marketing Research Intern to join our team for the Spring/Summer of 2024. This internship will provide valuable real-world experience in marketing research, data analysis, and strategic planning. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for exploring consumer behavior, market trends, and competitive landscapes.
This part-time, paid internship program will expose the selected candidate to various elements of the marketing research mix and its cycle of activities, with emphasis on survey development and programming, data analysis, report generation and other marketing research related activities. This also includes planning, analysis, audience targeting, promotion development, and evaluation.
- Provides day-to-day assistance for various marketing research projects under the direction of the marketing research business lead. Projects may include programming surveys via QuestionPro or another survey platform, assisting with data analysis, data visualization/chart creation, coordination of information exchange between departments/vendors, quantitative and qualitative project development, along with scripting survey invitation cover letters, infographics, and newsletters.
- Assists the marketing research business lead and marketing research analyst with background research for assigned projects including competitive analyses, customer demographics and segmentation analyses.
- Attends marketing department and project-related meetings as needed. Prepares research materials and presents them to internal department workgroups. Takes notes and follows up on assigned responsibilities.
- Provides additional administrative support to the department including contact follow-up, presentation preparation, word processing/spreadsheets, and proofing/editing materials as needed.
- The successful candidate must be in his/her Junior or Senior year of an accredited college or university program and have completed at least 60 credit hours.
- Must have completed at least two college-level marketing courses.
- Demonstrated interest in marketing research, marketing, communications, association management, or non-profit/healthcare career and industries. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Maturity, sound judgement, flexibility, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be dependable and able to set consistent work hours contingent upon class schedule.
- Strong organizational skills, diligence, ability to work independently as needed.
- Knowledge of Qualtrics, QuestionPro, or other survey platform, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet.
- Ability to work a minimum of 15 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
- Experience with marketing research, databases, market research survey platforms, data visualization and chart creation in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Studying for a bachelor’s in marketing, Marketing Research, Psychology, Sociology, Economics, Statistics, Communication, or another related field.
- Administrative/support and willingness to work as part of a team.
TERMS OF INTERNSHIP:
- Consecutive weeks during the months of January through May (depending on the candidate’s college schedule), with the potential to continue through August 2024
- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, 2 days/week.
- Located at our Headquarters in Rosemont, Illinois, with the potential for a hybrid work schedule.