Senior Manager, Member Experience
You are an experienced and passionate manager, excited to lead a stellar organization in providing an engaging, world-class experience for our incredible members. Your vision, strategy and execution will guide our team to deliver a seamless, exceptional and thoughtful member experience, while improving retention and increasing new member acquisition. You are excited to re-imagine and shape the future of our interactions with members, throughout their professional journeys. You are passionate, inspirational, dynamic and inspire extraordinary results.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Senior Manager, Member Experience will lead the organization in driving a superior member experience, increasing member engagement, and driving higher membership acquisition and retention rates. This individual is responsible for developing and leading the vision and implementation of a membership strategy and working cross-functionally to ensure that benefits and service offerings exceed expectations and meet the needs of the membership.
Develop, execute and continually evaluate the member strategy to assess effectiveness and adjust strategy to enhance the value of membership. Plan for and implement benefits and services that provide value to members and promote membership retention and growth, ensuring our programs represent the needs of members.
Drive membership sales and acquisition, including meeting or exceeding sales and revenue goals for new and existing membership.
Build alignment and buy-in across the organization in support of the membership vision and strategy.
Effectively collaborate with departments across the Academy to promote and enhance membership programs and to develop a strategic, metrics-driven, goal-oriented approach to improving member retention and new member acquisition.
Develop and design specific member segment journeys and programs to effectively engage members throughout their career stages to continually reinforce member value.
Work with technology, marketing, and data management teams to plan and implement data management, data collection, and reporting that supports member.
Lead the development of membership marketing and promotion materials.
Develop and maintain relationships with other member associations, professional membership organizations, and appropriate networks to inform the development and management of the Academy's membership program.
Provide direct staff liaison support to the member committees.
Provides leadership for staff in terms of business acumen, strategic planning, budgeting and communication. Performs the administrative duties necessary, including budgeting and financial analysis; carries out performance management and development.
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, or related field
- 7- 10 years of deep experience with managing a membership program, including building communities and directly supporting customers
- Strong product management experience and skills, including product strategy, design, development, launch, and delivery
- Detailed experience with capturing and using customer and market insights to design and/or improve a product
- Well-developed strategic planning skills; experience translating strategic plans into strong tactical execution.
- Strong communication skills that include ability to paint a compelling vision and influence others, whether internal or external; strong organizational skills
- Excellent team management and leadership skills
- P & L management experience
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to work in rapidly changing environment and take appropriate actions as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize on the highest level and lead team in reprioritization as necessary.
- Advanced/graduate degree in related field
- Experience with Association Management Systems (AMS)
- Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results
- Accountability: Ownership of results that drives decisions and ensures implementation
- Continuous Learning/Growth Mindset: Investment in staff self-development to become more adaptable and makes the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable
- Teamwork: Effective and selfless collaboration to solve complex problems and drive innovation that is beyond the scope of any one individual
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.