You are a natural influencer, in your ability to inspire and collaborate with those around you. You are known for your exceptional communication skills, and you use them flawlessly in appealing to your audience, in fresh, new, and exciting ways. You relish using your effortless creativity in branding products and services to create mass appeal. Your business savvy aids in understanding how marketing goals are intrinsically connected to the overall business. You are excited to use insights from your analytical mindset to help drive the business forward.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Marketing Specialist will plan, develop and implement marketing campaigns for select AAOS products, courses, services, and related programs primarily focused on practice management, to successfully position and communicate content offerings to facilitate trial and motivate customers to engage with those resources in support of strategic business goals. Responsibilities include budgeting activities, promotional development, execution, tracking, evaluating, and reporting, as well as partnership management, and competitive market research and analysis. Supports otherpriority marketing projects as assigned.
Provide marketing planning and support for assigned AAOS products, programs, services and projects. Develop strategic approaches, apply tactical schedules and craft creative strategies for marketing plans to achieve business goals.
Responsible for overall marketing project management, including executing marketing plans and communications programs for assigned projects on schedule. Provide day-to-day coordination of in-house resources and external vendors engaged in activities supporting assigned marketing projects. Communicate and collaborate with other AAOS project and marketing staff to successfully market assigned AAOS products and services. Standardize reporting of key performance metrics and analyze results to optimize campaign success.
This includes, but is not limited to exercising independent judgment when:
- Drafting creative strategies, developing promotional schedules, writing marketing copy for various media, directing in-house/external creative, print and distribution vendors.
- Structuring the planning, development, implementation, versioning, deployment and metrics of promotional email campaigns within our email automation platform (currently Marketo).
Manage project-related expenses, develop budgets, and maintain financial reports in a manner consistent with AAOS policy. Prepare sales reports, forecasts and marketing recommendations to assist Academy staff with short and long-term budget planning.
Prepare, provide and present competitive market analyses, promotional recommendations, marketing strategies, campaign results, and other context and topics to various AAOS staff, committees or governance bodies as necessary.
Provide internal coordination, as well as on-site staffing and support for the AAOS Resource Center booth at Annual Meeting. Consult and coordinate with participating staff and departments to include non-education initiatives as partners in the exhibit space; work with Conventions and Exhibits team members to manage the planning, promotion, and budget related to the exhibit.
Support and manage other major marketing projects as assigned, including oversight of select business partner marketing relationships, seasonal Annual Meeting projects, or larger AAOS strategic business initiatives.
Approximately 10 days per year
- Undergraduate degree with marketing concentration
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible marketing experience with emphasis on education, membership, health care, and/or related products/programs
- Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing and executing marketing plans, employing a variety media and vehicles in the marketing mix
- Outstanding ability in written and oral communication, including promotional copy, presentation and report writing
- Excellent organizational skills and teamwork orientation
- Computer proficiency using standard word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation
- Degree in Marketing, Marketing Communications,
- Association experience, health care marketing experience
- Understanding of medical practice billing and coding
- Client services advertising agency experience
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and any additional materials that support your application.