Director, Data Management and Business Intelligence Analytics
You are a natural seeker of collaboration. You go above and beyond in all that you do. You are an influential thought leader who can push boundaries and concepts with tact. You use new ideas to leverage creativity in the field. You understand and can support the whole life cycle of data management functions, while keeping best practices top of mind. You are eager to build and implement a roadmap and vision for data governance, management, quality, operational analytics, reporting and security. You are driven, efficient, and thrive in transformation.
If this sounds like you, read on:
The Director of Data Management and Business Intelligence (BI) Analytics serves as the technology owner of the Academy’s member and customer data, including but not limited to core business systems, association management system, e-Commerce environment and data integration services. This role also includes overall responsibility for the entire life cycle of data management functions, including database administration, data warehousing, and business intelligence analytics platforms and administration. A primary function of this role is the establishment and execution of the Academy’s roadmap and vision for data governance, management, quality, operational analytics, reporting, and security.
The incumbent will work closely with technology and business leaders to deliver business value by applying architectural and engineering concepts to develop insightful data platforms that meet operational requirements, such as scalability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability. Working closely with internal decision makers the Director will identify, recommend, architect, develop, implement, and support innovative and cost-effective data management and reporting solutions which will enable the Academy to achieve better outcomes through improved data quality and data insights for the organization.
Leads efforts that provide a shared perspective and vision for data governance and data management at the Academy by partnering with key business stakeholders to understand current and future business needs and how data is currently leveraged. Ensures effective and efficient decision making by understanding short- and long-term business objectives. Develops and implements strategies that ensure the Academy is harvesting and maximizing returns on the knowledge and insights gained from analysis of transactional and historical data. Acquires deep understanding of the business opportunities and proactively translate them into appropriate mathematical representations providing analysis for strategic priorities. Identifies actionable patterns in data, and researches data trends that will positively influence organizational decisions regarding industry and market changes thereby informing future product planning strategies. Develops and serve as a key member of an Academy wide Data Governance Board which will focus on delivering focused value across the business units.
Directs the business operations required to meet and exceed the Academy’s annual membership recruitment and retention goals. Partners with and supports the Membership Engagement and Marketing teams with setting and reporting on annual goals and performance measures while supervising the Unified Service Center. Develops strategies, policies, and procedures ensuring the delivery of high-quality service to members and customers. Implements process improvements throughout the year to achieve service efficiencies such as reduced service inquiries to the association, reduced call abandonment rates, and improved member conversion rates. Oversees the development of service performance reports and dashboards facilitating with organization benchmarking and establishing level agreements with relevant departments, product owners, and contracted vendors.
Oversees and directs the continued development of the Academy’s analytic capabilities, identifies opportunities to improve existing tools and processes contributing to streamlined activities. Serves as the subject matter expert to analyze and resolve data management and enterprise analytics technical issues with available tools in a timely and accurate fashion to continually meet changing metrics requirements and business needs. Applies proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist user groups on issues of business intelligence sourcing, reporting, and documentation. Coordinates and partners closely with the Enterprise PMO and business stakeholders to enable self-service reporting and ensure consistency of data definitions and key business metrics. Ensures Academy, HIPPA and PCI compliance standard policies and data security procedures are adhered to.
Directly responsible for the overall effectiveness and efficiency of core business systems, association membership systems and related operational processes to ensure high levels of member and internal customer satisfaction. Establishes standards and procedures that train and educate Academy staff on best practices regarding use of business systems, data use and/or sharing. Works closely with the technology and business leaders to develop common procedures and standards when onboarding new applications and solutions. Ensures alignment of the technology and business data strategies and communicates knowledge and use of data to improve and drive insight into the Academy’s lines of business, reduces costs and improves member and customer user experience.
Leads, coaches, and manages department staff to ensure efficient and effective performance. Conducts semi-annual and annual performance evaluations, guides and holds staff accountable to attain performance goals. Creates a culture of trust, transparency, cooperation, and collaboration. Develops and maintains annual operating and capital budgets exercising appropriate financial stewardship and oversight of the assigned budget. Performs other duties as assigned.
- 10 to 15 days per year
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance or related field. Master’s preferred.
- More than 5 years of experience serving as a business intelligence specialist, architect, advisor-consultant or manager. Highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to analyze/interpret data and build quantitative models of business opportunities. Experienced in market and financial analysis.
- Strong communication skills, including an ability to build consensus and discuss complex technical issues with opinionated engineers required.
- Familiarity with data privacy standards and other data-related regulations with the ability to translate those requirements into compliant processes and solutions.
- Prior experience in data management or business intelligence technical roles.
- Knowledge of data quality, metadata management, lineage and master data management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud solutions, data modeling, database concepts, and data management.
- Experience troubleshooting and finding multiple solutions to a complex problem.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and stay abreast of constant innovation; possesses an industry best practices perspective.
- Experience working within both a team environment and independently.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to serve as a design and technical subject matter expert on movement of data across transactional systems, extraction of same for use in data warehouse, and exposure in constructs with the purpose of enabling an enterprise self-service environment.
- Experience in staging data for use in reporting and dashboards.
- Experience with project management fundamentals.
- Desire to maintain an awareness of technologies and new solutions as they come into the market and evaluate relevance for use to support the Academy’s business strategy.
- Previous work experience with medical associations or not-for-profit organizations.
- Hands-on, technical experience with association management systems.
- Formal knowledge and experience with the Personify, Inc. association management system.
- Experience in working closely with customers to design and build powerful, impactful visualizations of data.
If this describes YOU, please share the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.