You are known for your integrity and your ability to encourage and empower team members. You are passionate and able to quickly understand and guide significant projects to completion, while working collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders - both technical and non-technical. You understand how to translate the ideas of business leaders and end users into technical requirements that the team can successfully implement. You are excited to show off your creative expertise in developing applications, while acting as an example for others to follow. You are influential, use excellent communication skills and have the capacity to mentor and coach. You have an all-hands on deck mentality, and relish in rolling-up your sleeves and digging in.
If this sounds like you (or someone you know), please read on!
The role of Senior Developer involves designing and developing AAOS enterprise grade applications on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. This role is responsible for technical development, architecture, and maintenance of the organization web sites and applications. The Senior Developer will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship. Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and solution architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain business applications. Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
Must have the ability to develop large scale web sites that reside on a content management system that utilizes the Microsoft .NET framework. Must demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming. Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards. Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code. Performs the typical functions of Developer role, but also puts together product concepts, architecture solutions, performs some creative design, rapid prototyping, and high-level, technical review/analysis of new technologies.
Maintains high standards of application quality within the team by establishing good practices. Identifies and encourages areas for growth and improvement within the team. Prepares reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of applications.
Works with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current Microsoft technologies. Develops, refines, and tunes integrations between applications. Manages cloud-based version control system and leads deployment of releases. Documents as well as assists in applying best practices and continuous improvements in build, deployment and testing process.
The position will have a high involvement in the development and ongoing enhancements for AAOS web sites and web applications. Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a member of a high-performance team, as well as the maturity to work independently from time to time. This position requires a positive attitude and the ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment.
Collaborates with internal stakeholders – technical and business – to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain business applications. Guides team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
Works cooperatively with team members to research, plan, and develop .Net applications. Oversees the implementation, performance, and maintenance of applications. Works with the teams to determine test strategies and then defines test plan scenarios where useful. Debugs and troubleshoots applications in cross-browser and mobile device settings.
Participates in code reviews for new and ongoing .Net developments to ensure that code quality is at the highest level and appropriate design patterns are being used according to the standards proposed. Improves the ongoing release processes and code release management. Incident management and resolution.
Exemplifies the following essential values of the Academy:
- Teamwork: Effective collaboration and team-focus to solve complex problems and drive innovation.
- Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results.
- Accountability: Ownership of process and results that drive decisions and ensure implementation.
- Mindset of Growth/Continuous Learning: Focused on and invested in self and staff development to become more adaptable, making the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of object-oriented programming experience designing and developing enterprise grade applications.
- Proficient with Microsoft .NET 3.5+ development using C#.
- Experience in Implementation and development web content management, (EPiServer)
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments (e.g. GIT, Visual Studio team services and source control).
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL and ORM technologies.
- Experience in backend integration and usage of REST APIs.
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping.
- Experience in cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and web standards.
- Effectively communicates and documents technical architecture and solutions to internal peer groups as well as other groups.
- A team player with solid communication skills, excellent at problem solving, troubleshooting, and embracing new challenges.
- Positive attitude and the ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage time across multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Apple/Google Play eco-systems
- Experience leading a team of developers Familiarity of federated authentication and single sign-on (SSO) – Ping Identity Management preferred.
- Experience operating solutions build on Microsoft Azure (or AWS).
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.