Research Analyst, Evidence Based Medicine
This position directly impacts the lives and welfare of patients experiencing musculoskeletal health issues by evaluating the efficacy of orthopaedic treatments used by surgeons across the world. This job is right for you if you have a natural sense of curiosity, enjoy finding answers to healthcare questions through published research, and have academic background in the health or life sciences.
If this sounds like you, read on!
The Clinical Quality and Value Research Analyst performs systematic reviews of published literature evaluating the efficacy of orthopaedic treatments. These systematic literature reviews provide the framework for clinical practice guidelines and other clinical quality improvement initiatives that impact the lives of millions of patients. Developing systematic literature reviews involves critically evaluating the quality and findings of published studies, abstracting information from these studies, working with statisticians to analyze and interpret the evidence from those studies, and preparing reports for use by physician work groups/panels.
- Critically evaluates the quality, conduct, and analysis of published clinical research studies.
- Abstracts information/data from peer-reviewed clinical research studies to create literature reviews for the development of AAOS Clinical Practice Guidelines and other AAOS clinical quality initiatives.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate the strength and weaknesses of clinical studies (e.g., study design limitations, potential conflicts of interest, etc.).
- Provides methodological support at AAOS physician work group meetings/conference calls and assists with responding to the feedback of the work group members.
- Maintains knowledge of most current research methods including review of peer-reviewed literature and clinical practice guideline best practices. Additionally, maintains knowledge of musculoskeletal and other clinical medicine research.
Exemplifies the following essential values of the Academy:
- Mindset of Growth/Continuous Learning: Focused on and invested in self and staff development to become more adaptable, making the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable.
- Accountability: Ownership of process and results that drive decisions and ensure implementation.
- Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results.
- Teamwork: Effective collaboration and team-focus to solve complex problems and drive innovation.
- Master’s degree in the health or life sciences
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with Word, Excel, and Power BI
- Demonstrated ability to understand and critically evaluate the design, conduct, and analysis of clinical studies.
- Knowledge of statistical methods (e.g., t-tests, chi square, ANOVAs)
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend articles published in peer-reviewed medical journals.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- At least one year of previous experience in preparing, systematic literature reviews.
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.
This position is based in Rosemont, Illinois and is open to applicants who are able to commute to this office.
AAOS requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant(i) who is disabled or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request a reasonable accommodation. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law and public health guidance. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Exemptions from the vaccine policy may also be provided to fully remote positions that do not involve any business travel or in-person work activities.