Front End Developer
You relish working at the intersection of art and logic. You use your creative and technical skills paired with your eye for detail and design to create a top user experience. You have the unique ability to think in terms of responsive design and can build across a landscape of devices. You build systematically and construct components and patterns. You enjoy executing the design, semantics, accessibility and performance in a dynamic environment. You are flexible, detail-oriented and have a positive attitude. You are a team player, with solid communication skills. You are excellent at problem solving, troubleshooting, and embracing new challenges.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The role of the Front-End Developer involves translating UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of a fast performing highly available, customer facing application. This role is responsible for developing cross-browser, cross-platform and mobile compatible solutions with a commitment to excellence in user experience and responsive design. Must demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP). Performs the typical functions of the Developer role, but also puts together some creative design, rapid prototyping, and high-level, technical review/analysis of new UI Frameworks. Develops and supports UI integrations with back-end webservices, including internal and third-party APIs.
Closely work with the UI/UX designer to review and influence front-end design and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation. Work as part of a team to design new interfaces, develop new applications and maintain existing ones. Documents as well as assist in applying best practices and continuous improvements in UI development.
The position will have a high involvement in ongoing developments of functional and fast-responsive web and Mobil applications, including creating reusable widgets for a Content Management System.
Must have a deep technical understanding of web technologies and architectures and know how to troubleshoot functional, technical, performance and architecture issues.
Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a member of a high-performance team, as well as the maturity to work independently from time to time. This position requires a positive attitude and the ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment.
Works cooperatively with team members to ensure that the UI solutions integrate seamlessly into the overall architecture. Wherever necessary, works with developers across teams to ensure that all programming developed integrate into an interrelated system and that there is no duplication of effort.
Participate in code reviews for new and ongoing application developments to ensure that code quality is at the highest level and appropriate design patterns are being used according to the standards proposed. Improve the ongoing release processes and code release management - Incident management and resolution.
Works with the UI/UX designer to ensure the technical feasibility of mock-ups. Influence front-end design and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation.
Provides and documents technical support in a rotation with other staff.
Exemplifies the following essential values of the Academy:
- Effective collaboration and team-focus to solve complex problems and drive innovation.
- The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results.
- Ownership of process and results that drive decisions and ensure implementation.
- Focused on and invested in self and staff development to become more adaptable, making the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related technical field.
- 5+ years of Web and Mobile front-end development experience.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented principles and practices in designing software solutions.
- Hands on experience developing and architecting solutions with one or more of the following: iOS SDK, Swift, iCloud, development in XCode, Android SDK, Android Studio, Visual Studio C#.
- Experience working with Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap.
- Experience working with CSS preprocessors like Sass and LESS.
- Experience working with libraries like jQuery or Backbone.js
- Experience in back-end integration and usage of REST APIs.
- Experience in mobile web application development tools (e.g. GIT, Visual Studio team services and source control), testing, process and configuration management.
- Knowledge back-end technology expertise, including, server-side technologies like Node, Java, or Ruby.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Effectively communicates and documents technical architecture and solutions to internal peer groups as well as other groups.
- A team player with solid communication skills, excellent at problem solving, troubleshooting, and embracing new challenges.
- Positive attitude and the ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage time across multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Experience in cross-platform development technologies (e.g. Xamarin)
- Experience operating solutions build on Microsoft Azure (or AWS).
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter with salary expectations to be considered.